“Tell Him to Relay to His General That Russians Have Urged Him to Stop Following Them” — Latest US-Russian Syria Encounter
The US-Russian road war in northern Syria continues. The Americans keep blocking roads after which the Russians generally perform small detours to go around them and continue on their way.
This time a US vehicle was closely following a Russian patrol so the Russians disembarked and asked the Americans why were they in Syria in the first place:
“This is Syrian Arab Republic territory, and that Russian forces are there by the invitation of its president Bashar al-Assad. On what grounds are you here?”
“Tell him to relay to his general that Russians have urged him to stop following them”
Usually, these take place on the M4 highway in northeastern Syria where the Americans insist the Russians should not use the highway but only an inferior road along the very border with Turkey.
Along with the French, the Americans used to be the only foreign military in northeastern Syria, but since last year the Russians moved in to check Turkish advances which the US was unwilling to do.
- Americans Keep Trying to Roadblock Russian Troops in Syria. The Russians Just Go Around Them
- VIDEO: Russian Airborne Army Column Passes Through US Checkpoint in Northern Syria
- Americans Keep Putting Up Roadblocks Against Russian Troops on Key Syrian Highway
- US Armored Truck Tries to Ram a Russian Armored Car in Northern Syria, Nearly Gets a Civilian Killed
- Syrian Army and Villagers Block US Patrol, Standoff and Gunfire Ensue, Russians Arrive to Defuse, Americans Leave