Checkpoint Asia Is Now Anti-Empire
Anti-empire.com is shorter than checkpointasia.net, is a .com domain, and probably better reflects what the site has always been about. Except for the rebrand the site will remain as it has always been. Opposing the criminality of the empire is one focus, but broadening our horizons and learning new things is another.
As is it has done until now, the site will continue to cover more than just the latest imperial outrage. Equally important is to:
- debunk the propaganda that enables it, and re-humanize its chosen targets,
- understand past empire growing that got us to where we are,
- cover important developments in its main rivals that are the main checks on its power,
- and in its target countries where most of its biggest victims live and die,
- the current state of its hegemony,
- potential sources of weakness for it on the horizon,
- ideological currents that may become useful to it, or conversely a threat
- and sometimes also unrelated historical episodes that have something to say about the nature of imperialism and resistance.
Anything in fact which helps to reveal a more accurate picture of the reality than the one official narrative managers are selling, and gives us a better idea of where the empire and the world are headed.
PS.: The migration went fine but I still have to solve the missing comments issue.